Summer is finally here!!! With this, we worry about skunks, ticks and mosquitoes. Here are some tidbits to help in dealing with them!
Lint Roller for Ticks
- Once you come in from being outdoors in the woods or where you know ticks are around, run a lint roller on them (or you!) to catch them before they attach.
- Place 4 drops per 5 kg of body weight onto a bandana daily and 1-2 drops per 5kg to the base of the tail
- Mix together
- 15 mls of sweet almond oil
- 4 drops of lavender
- 1 drop of citronella
- 5 drops of peppermint
- 3 drops of lemon
- 2 drops of clary sage
- Store in an amber bottle
- This is not for cats. A lot of essential oils are toxic to cats; please contact your veterinarian before applying/administering any.
*Fougère, Barbara. The Pet Lover’s Guide to Natural Healing for Cats & Dogs. St. Louis: Elsevier Saunders, 2006. Print
Homemade Skunk Remedy
- 1 L of peroxide
- 1/4 Cup baking soda
- 1 teaspoon dish soap
- Apply to dry coat and let sit for 10 minutes then rinse.
Do you have any tricks that can be helpful this summer? Leave us a comment! And if you would like more information on tick/flea/heartworm prevention, please call us at 506-389-2121.